EPA comments on Draft Feasibility Study submitted by Lower Willamette Group
EPA received the draft feasibility study from the Lower Willamette Group in March 2012. The study describes various options for cleaning up Portland Harbor. EPA recently completed a technical review of the study and submitted comments to the Lower Willamette Group. Our comments are available for review (see below).
After revisions have been completed, EPA will write a Proposed Plan. The Proposed Plan will summarize the cleanup options and propose a preferred plan for cleaning up contaminated sediment in Portland Harbor. We anticipate having the Proposed Plan available in 2014.
In addition to comments on draft documents, EPA answers to community questions on proposed disposal facilities are available.
Stay informed - click documents below
- EPA comments on the RI/FS Draft Baseline Ecological Risk Assessment - December 21, 2012
- EPA comments on the March 2012 Draft Study Feasibility Study - December 18, 2012
- Portland Harbor Baseline Human Health Risk Assessment Dispute Decision - December 6, 2012
- Portland Harbor BHHRA Dispute Decision Memo - Partial Resolution - October 25, 2012
- Proposed Confined Disposal Facility Questions and Answers - January 13, 2013
Learn more about Portland Harbor www.epa.gov/region10/