A quick reminder about this week’s Portland Harbor Program community grants opportunity information sessions. Each session will cover grant program goals, eligible activities, selection criteria, and how to apply. There will also be ample time to ask questions. These sessions can also be a useful place to connect with other community members who may be applying for funds.
Virtual information sessions will be offered:
- 6-7:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 28. Register for this session.
- 10-11:30 a.m., Thursday April 29. Register for this session.
A total of $100,000 in grants is available for award this funding cycle to support communities’ participation in the Superfund cleanup. BIPOC-led organizations and groups with strong relationships with communities disproportionately impacted by the Portland Harbor site and cleanup are encouraged to apply. Applications are due May 21. The grants award between $5,000 and $50,000 to support meaningful involvement of communities in the Portland Harbor Superfund cleanup process.
Funds are available to support:
- Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) leadership in the Portland Harbor Superfund cleanup-related public participation processes.
- Building community capacity to engage in scientific, technical, policy, and process topics related to the cleanup of the Portland Harbor Superfund.
- Fostering collaboration between Portland communities and the City’s Portland Harbor Program on Superfund related topics.
Hope to see you Wednesday evening or Thursday morning! Can’t make it or have questions? Contact me at 503.865.6704 or email@example.com.
Portland Harbor Program